How to Stop Settling for Less!
What Are Your Settling For?
I’ll be the first to admit, I am a creature of habit. And it’s habit-what we are accustomed to-that is the genesis of settling. This could apply in your personal life, or in your work. It could be in what you settle for from the team you lead, or the company you started.
- Be washed up by the time I’m 40
- Be replaced on a whim
- Have a brown nose
- Be underappreciated and underpaid
- Be a “yes” man
- Coming to your review with documentation of accomplishments that meet specific goals to support a raise, and presenting the information in a professional manner
- Directly but calmly telling your tardy staff member to be on time and following up with an appropriate consequence if they are late again
- Respectfully declining the client that isn’t a good fit for your business